(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / Lech Lecha – click)
130) Because the souls are offspring of the Creator, each night, the souls of the righteous rise to the Garden of Eden. When half the night is through, the Creator comes to the Garden of Eden to play with them—with both the souls of the living and with the souls of the dead, those that He places in the world of truth, and those that He places in this world. The Creator plays with all of them at midnight in the Garden of Eden. This is so because not only the souls of the diseased rise for MAN each night. Even the souls of the living rise for MAN and for entertainment each night, as well.
131) The upper world needed awakening from the lower world. When the souls of the righteous depart from this world and rise to the Garden of Eden, they all clothe the upper light in a precious way. The Creator plays with them and yearns for them, for they are the fruit of His deeds. This is the reason why Israel are called “The sons of the Creator,” since they have holy souls, as it is written, “You are the sons of the Lord your God,” since souls are sons, the fruit of the Creator’s actions.
The upper world, the Nukva, is called “night.” Her wholeness from the side of the left line appears from midnight onward, from Chazeh of the Nukva and below, as it is written, “She rises while it is still night.” However, since the illumination of the left is Hochma without Hassadim, it is still night because the light of Hochma cannot shine without clothing of Hassadim. This is why it is written that the upper world requires an awakening from the lower world.
The upper world—Nukva, Hochma without Hassadim—cannot shine and needs an awakening—raising MAN from the lower world, from this world, from the souls—to raise MAN to her. The level of Hassadim comes out on these MAN and discloses the middle line, the Creator, who decides and dresses the Hochma in light of Hassadim.
When the souls of the righteous depart from this world and rise to the Garden of Eden, the Nukva, they raise MAN and reveal the middle line in her, meaning the Creator, who decides and dresses the Hochma in Hassadim. This clothing of Hassadim is called “precious garments,” and this is why it is written that they all clothe in the upper light in a precious way, since the measure of the lower one is rewarded with the amount of light it causes in the upper one, as well. Hence, since the souls caused a precious garment of Hassadim to the Nukva, they, too, are rewarded with it and wear that special clothing.
Also, the Creator plays with them and yearns for them because the Creator is the middle line. By the souls’ raising of MAN, He approaches the Nukva, the Garden of Eden, and complements her in the middle line. Hence, He plays with those souls and yearns for them, for they are the fruit of His deeds, since they are offspring of the Creator. This is why Israel are called “sons,” as it is written, “You are the sons of the Lord your God.”
132) He even plays with the souls in this world, since at midnight, all those true righteous awaken to read in the Torah and to sound the praises of the Torah. And the Creator and all those righteous in the Garden of Eden listen to their voices. And a thread of grace stretches over them during the day, meaning that by the MAN that they raise through the Torah and the praises, the middle line—the light of Hassadim—extends to the Nukva. And since they caused that light, they are rewarded with the same amount they have induced in the Nukva. This is the meaning of, “By day the Lord will command His mercy, and in the night His song shall be with me,” for because of the singing at night, one is rewarded with His mercy during the day.
133) Hence, the praises that rise before the Creator at night are complete praises. When Israel were confined to their homes, while the Creator was killing the firstborn of Egypt, they were saying praises and glorifying the Creator.
134) King David would rise at midnight. He would not sit or lie in bed and say the songs and praises, but as it is written, “At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto You.” “Rise” indeed; he would engage in songs and praises of the Torah while standing up.
Mochin de NHY in the light of Nefesh are called “lying down,” when the one who lies down has no degree. Mochin de VAK are called “sitting,” since the NHY of the one who sits are folded under him. At that time, he is lacking NHY de Kelim and GAR of lights. Mochin de GAR are called “standing up,” since then all three parts of man’s level are upright: Rosh, Toch, and Sof. In these Mochin de GAR, which are considered standing, he engaged in singing and praising before the Creator, meaning that his level was at its full Gadlut.
135) Because he engaged in songs and praises in Mochin de GAR—which is standing, the light of Haya—King David lives forever. Even in the days of the Messiah King, he is the king. The Messiah King, if he is to be from among the living, his name will be David. And if he is from among the souls of the dead, who will be revived, his name will be David. He was awakening the dawn before it came, as it is written, “Awake, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp; I will awake the dawn.” Thus, he would always rise to engage in Torah before the rise of dawn.
(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / Lech Lecha – click)