(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / YITRO – click)
444) It is written, “And God blessed the seventh day.” It is written of the manna, “Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day there will be none.” If there is no food on the seventh day, what is the blessing in it?
445) All the blessings above and below depend on the seventh day. Why was there no manna on the seventh day? It is because all the six upper days are blessed by that day, meaning HGT NHY, and each gives food below, each in its day, from that blessing that they are blessed on the seventh day.
446) For this reason, one who is in the degree of faith must set the table and set up a meal on the eve of Sabbath so that his table will be blessed on all of those six days. At that time, the blessing comes to bless all six days of the Sabbath, and there is no blessing on an empty table. Hence, the table must be set with bread and food on Sabbath night, to extend blessing for six days.
447) Even on the Sabbath day, a meal must be fixed, to extend blessing for six days. We must be delighted on the Sabbath day and eat three meals in it, so there will be satiation and delight in the world on that day.
448) The reason for the three meals is to extend blessings on these days of above, HGT NHY, which are blessed by that day, which is Divinity, the seventh quality. On that day, the head of ZA, meaning his GAR, is filled with dew, which is abundance that comes down from holy Atik, which is hidden to all. He gives to the field of holy apples, to Divinity, three times since the time of the beginning of the Sabbath, so that all will be blessed as one.
The seven days are seven Sefirot HGT NHYM. ZA includes six days, and Malchut is the seventh day. Hence, on the seventh day, the wholeness of Malchut and its construction appear PBP [face-to-face] with ZA, they rise and clothe upper AVI, and receive the abundance from Peh de AA, which is called “the hidden Atik.” But on weekdays, there is no wholeness to Malchut before the end of correction, and ZA is not in the complete Zivug with Malchut and lacks GAR. Hence, on the Sabbath day, when Malchut is completed and comes in a Zivug with ZA, ZA receives GAR through the Malchut, and the six days of ZA are blessed in GAR through her.
On Sabbath, HGT NHY de ZA receive GAR from Malchut through a Zivug with her. However, Malchut has nothing but what she receives from ZA. All the abundance comes to her from him, and even though the six days of ZA are blessed with GAR from her, it is only due to the Zivug with her.
449) Hence, one must delight these three times because on that depends the faith above, in holy Atik, in ZA, and in the field of holy apples, since ZA receives from Atik and gives to Malchut. One should delight in them and rejoice in them, and one who denies them of a meal shows a flaw above, and that man’s punishment is harsh.
450) For this reason, one must set one’s table three times from the time of the beginning of the Sabbath, so his table will not be empty and the blessing will be on it for the rest of the days of the Sabbath. And the faith above depends on and is seen by that thing.
451) One who completes three meals on Sabbath, a voice comes out and declares about him, “Then you will delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the high places of the earth, and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.” “Then you will delight in the Lord” is one meal opposite the holy Atik of all the holy ones. “And I will make you ride on the high places of the earth” is the second meal, opposite the field of holy apples, Malchut. “And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father” is the wholeness that he is completed in ZA in the third meal.
452) Corresponding to them, he must complete his meals and he must delight himself in all the meals and rejoice in each of them because it is whole faith. For this reason, the Sabbath is more important than all the occasions and festivals, since everything is in it, which is not so in all the other occasions and festivals. “Because everything is in it” is mentioned three times, as it is written, “And on the seventh day God finished,” “And He rested on the seventh day,” “And God blessed the seventh day.”
453) When Rabbi Aba would sit in a Sabbath meal, he was glad at each and every one. He would say, “This is the holy meal of the holy Atik, who is hidden from all.” In another meal he would say, “This is a meal of the Creator, ZA,” and so on, on each and every meal. When he completed the meals he said, “The meals of faith have been completed.”
454) When Rabbi Shimon would come to the meal he would say this: “Set up the meal of the upper faith; set up the meal of the King.” Then he would sit and be happy. When he finished the third meal, he would be declared upon, “Then you will delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the high places of the earth, and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.”
455) How are these meals fixed? He told him, “Sabbath night.” It is written, “And I will make you ride on the high places of the earth.” At that night the queen is blessed, as well as the entire field of apples, Malchut. Also, a man’s table is blessed and a soul is added to the man. That night is the queen’s joy, and one should rejoice and eat the meal of the queen, Malchut.
456) On the second meal of Sabbath, it is written, “Then you will delight in the Lord.” “In the Lord” indeed, above ZA, since at that time, holy Atik appears and all the worlds rejoice. We make the wholeness and joy of Atik, and the meal is his.
457) On the third meal of Sabbath, it is written, “And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.” This is the meal of ZA, who is in wholeness, and all six days are blessed by that wholeness. One should be happy at one’s meal and complete those meals, which are the meals of the whole faith of Israel’s holy seed—the upper faith—for he is theirs, and not of idol-worshipping nations. This is why it is written, “Between Me and the children of Israel.”
458) On these meals, it is apparent that Israel are the children of the King, that they are from the King’s palace, that they are the children of the faith. And one who blemishes one meal from them shows a flaw above, and shows himself as not being one of the children of the upper King, that he is not one of the members of the King’s palace, that he is not from the holy seed of Israel. He is burdened with the load of three things: the judgment of Hell, the war of Gog and Magog, and the pangs of Messiah.
459) At all other occasions and festivals, one should be glad and delight the poor. If he is happy alone and does not give to the poor, his punishment is harsh, for he is happy alone and does not give joy to another. It is written about him, “And [I] will spread dung upon your faces, the dung of your feasts.”
If he is happy on Sabbath although he is not giving to another, he is not punished as on other occasions and festivals, for it is written, “The dung of your feasts,” and not “The dung of your Sabbaths.” It is also written, “My soul abhors your new moons and your occasions,” but it does not write, “Sabbath.”
460) This is why it is written, “Between Me and between the children of Israel.” And because all the faith is on Sabbath, a person is given another soul, a high soul, a soul that all the wholeness is in it, as in the next world. This is why Sabbath is called “the name of the Creator,” Malchut. The name, which is whole in every way on the Sabbath day.
461) It is certainly so. Woe unto a person who does not complete the joy of the holy King. And what is His joy? It is the three meals of faith, the meals in which Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are included. All are joy upon joy, faith, Malchut, who is complete in every way.
462) On that day, the patriarchs, HGT, which become GAR, are crowned. And all the sons, NHY, nurse from them, unlike all the festivals and occasions. On the rest of the festivals and occasions, the patriarchs are crowned in Mochin de YESHSUT. But on Sabbath, the patriarchs are crowned in Mochin of upper AVI.
On that day, the wicked in Hell rest. On that day, all the Dinim [judgments] surrender and do not awaken in the world. On that day, the Torah, ZA, is crowned in whole crowns from upper AVI. On that day, joy and delight are heard in 250 worlds.
463) On all six days of the Sabbath, when the time for afternoon prayer arrives, a harsh Din governs and all the Dinim awaken. But on the Sabbath day, when the time for the afternoon prayer arrives, the will of wills is present and the holy Atik reveals his will, and all the Dinim surrender, and there is will and joy in all.
464) With this desire, Moses, the faithful holy prophet, parted from the world, to know that he did not part in Din. At that time, his soul came out in the will of holy Atik and was hidden in it. This is why it is written, “And no man knows his burial place.” As holy Atik is the most hidden of all that are hidden, and neither upper nor lower know him, here, too, this soul that was hidden in this will of holy Atik that appeared at the time of the afternoon prayer on Sabbath, it is written about it, “And no man knows his burial place,” and he is more hidden than all the hidden things in the world, and Din does not govern him. Happy is Moses.
465) On Sabbath, the Torah is crowned with him, crowned with all those Mitzvot, all those sentences and punishments in seventy branches of light that shine to every direction, since seven Sefirot are HGT NHYM, and each consists of ten, hence they are seventy. Who saw the branches that come out of each of the seventy branches? Five that stand within the trees are HGT NH in ZA, who is called “a tree.” He receives them from Bina, and all the Panim [face/faces] grip them. Who saw those gates that open to each of the directions in them, where each consists of ten, and they are fifty gates? They all shine and illuminate in that light that is emitted and which never stops.
466) A herald calls, “Arise, you holy high ones, arise you holy chosen people above and below, raise joy before your master, arise in complete joy, come in three joys of three fathers, three meals, come toward faith, who is the joy of joys. Happy are you, Israel, who are holy in this world and in the next world. This is your inheritance more than all the idol-worshipping nations. It is written about it, “Between Me and between the children of Israel.”
467) So it is indeed. This is why it is written, “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy,” and it is written, “You will be holy, for I the Lord am holy,” and it is written, “And call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the Lord honorable.”
468) On Sabbath day, all the souls of the righteous are refined in delights of the holy Atik, the most hidden of all that are hidden, Keter. And one spirit, from the delight of the holy Atik, spreads throughout the worlds, rising and falling, and spreading to all the holy sons, to all the keepers of the Torah. They rest in complete rest and any fret is forgotten from all, all the Dinim and every hard work, as it is written, “In the day when the Lord gives you rest from your sadness and fret, and hard work.”
469) For this reason, Sabbath is equal to the Torah. Anyone who keeps the Sabbath, it is as though he kept the whole Torah. It is written, “Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who takes hold of it; who keeps from profaning the Sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil.” This means that one who keeps Sabbath, it is as though he keeps the whole Torah.
470) It is written, “Thus says the Lord to the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths, and choose what pleases Me, and hold fast My covenant. To them I will give in My house and within My walls a hand, better than sons and daughters.”
472) “Thus says the Lord to the eunuchs.” Eunuchs are the friends who engage in Torah and emasculate themselves all six days of the Sabbath and engage in Torah. On Sabbath night, they hurry themselves in their Zivug because they know the upper secret when the queen joins the King.
473) Those friends who know that secret aim their hearts to their Master’s faith and are blessed in their offspring on that night.
474) They are called “eunuchs,” indeed, since they wait until the Sabbath to find their Master’s will, as it is written, “And choose what pleases Me.” This is the queen’s Zivug. “And hold fast My covenant” is a Zivug. Simply “My covenant” is the upper Yesod that connects with the queen. Happy is he who is sanctified in this sanctity and knows this secret.
475) It is written, “Six days you shall labor and do all your work, and the seventh day is a Sabbath of the Lord your God.” “All your work” indicates that people’s actions are in those six days. This is why the friends mate only when people’s actions are not present, but only the actions of the Creator. On Sabbath, work is forbidden for a person. His work is the Zivug with the queen, Malchut, to produce holy souls to the world.
476) For this reason, on that night the friends sanctify in the sanctity of their Master, aim their hearts, and good sons come out, holy sons, who do not stray to the right or to the left, sons of the King and the queen. It is written about them, “You are the children of the Lord your God.” Indeed, “Of the Lord your God” because they are considered His sons, sons of the King and the queen.
477) But the view of the friends who know that secret cling to it. This is why they are called “Children of the Creator.” They are the ones by which the world exists, and when the world is sentenced to judgment, the Creator looks at those sons of His and has mercy over the world. It is written about that, “Entirely a seed of truth,” the holy, perfect ring, who are in the middle line and not to the right or to the left, as though surrounded by a ring. It is written about it, “Let truth be given to Jacob.” Jacob is the middle line, and hence certainly a seed of truth.
478) Woe to the people of the world whose ways are as beasts, who do not know and do not look. It is better for them if they were not born. Woe to the world when Rabbi Shimon departs it: who will be able to reveal secrets, who will know them, and who will look in the ways of Torah?
479) Rabbi Shimon said to them, “The world is only for friends who engage in Torah and know the secrets of the Torah. Indeed, the friends determined about the nations of the earth that spoil their ways and do not tell right from left that they are as beasts, that they should be subject to judgment even on Yom Kippur [Day of Atonement]. It is written about their sons, “For they are children of harlotry.”
480) It is written, “And I will give them in My house and within My walls a hand and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give him an everlasting name.” Should it not have said, “And I will give them”?
481) “And I will give them in My house.” “My house” is as it is written, “He is faithful in all My house.” Divinity is called “a house.” “Within My walls” is as is written, “On your walls, Jerusalem, I have appointed guards,” which is the exterior of Divinity. “A hand and a name,” so they will produce holy souls from that place, Divinity. That hand means part of the wholeness. “Good” [translated as “better”] means plenty of sons and daughters. “I will give him an everlasting name,” to the part of the wholeness called “hand.” “That shall not be cut off” for all generations. Another interpretation: “I will give him,” the one who knows the meaning of the thing—the eunuchs who will keep My Sabbaths—and he will aim what he must aim.
482) It is written, “You shall not kindle a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day,” since Din is not seen on that day, and one who lights a fire causes an awakening of Din. Hence, why does the fire of the altar, which is conducted also on the Sabbath, rise to the high one? Indeed, it is written, “In your dwellings,” and not “to the high one.” That fire which rises to the high one rises to subdue another Din. The fire of the altar consumes another fire, so it will not have dominance on weekdays.
483) For this reason, on that day the holy Atik appears more than on other days. And when the holy Atik appears, Din is not seen at all, and all the upper and lower are in complete joy and the Din does not govern.
484) “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth.” The six days are HGT NHY, from which the heaven and earth were made, ZON. Those upper holy days are called “days,” meaning that the holy name, Malchut, earth, is included in them and they are included in it. Happy are Israel more than all the idol-worshipping nations. It is written about them, “And you that did cleave unto the Lord your God are alive every one of you this day.”
(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / YITRO – click)