(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / VAYECHI – click)
582) “The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.” Since he said, “The Lord will protect you from all evil,” why was it also said, “He will keep your soul”? The Lord will keep you from all evil in this world and will keep your soul in the world of truth.
583) The keeping in this world is that a person should keep from several bad kinds, slanderers, which go to slander people in the world and cling to them. The keeping in the world of truth is that if a person who passes away from this world is rewarded, his soul rises and is crowned in her place. If he is not rewarded, several camps of saboteurs come to him to pull him to Hell and give him into the hands of Dumah, and through him, he is given into the appointee over Hell. There are 130 thousand appointees with him and they all come over the souls of the wicked.
584) There are seven rooms and seven openings in Hell. The soul of the wicked enters, and several sabotaging angels, spirits, keep the gates, and there is an appointee over them, one in each gate. The souls of the wicked are handed over to those appointees by Dumah. When they are handed over to them, they close the gates of blazing fire.
585) These are gates after gates, doubled, and the gates are all open and closed. The ones on the outside are open and the ones on the inside are closed. Each Sabbath they are open and the wicked come out, up to the gates on the outside where they meet other souls who are detained there in the doors on the outside and do not enter Hell. At the end of the Sabbath, the herald comes out in each door and says, “Let the wicked return to the netherworld.”
The Creator keeps the souls of the righteous from being given into the hands of Dumah the appointee, as it is written, “The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in,” and as it is written, “He will keep your soul.”
586) “He ties his foal to the vine.” The vine is the assembly of Israel, Nukva, as it is written, “Your wife shall be as a fruitful vine.” Your wife is as this holy vine, the upper Nukva, a vine on which we bless, “Maker of the fruit of the vine.” Maker, as it is written, “A fruit-bearing tree.” The vine is a fruit-bearing tree. “Fruit-bearing” means a male, ZA. A fruit-tree is the Nukva de ZA. For this reason, “Maker of the fruit of the vine” is male and female together, ZON.
587) The vine is the Messiah King, who is destined to rule over all the armies of the nations and all the armies of the appointees of the idol worshipping nations, whose fort shall grow stronger. But the Messiah King will overcome them.
588) This vine, the Nukva, governs all the lower Ketarim [plural of Keter], by which they govern all the idol worshipping nations, and it is Netzah above. Israel are called “choice vine,” as it is written, “And his donkey’s colt to the choice vine.” They will destroy and defeat other armies below. But the Messiah King will prevail over all of them, as it is written, “Behold, your king is coming to you; he is … poor and mounted on a donkey and on a foal of a donkey.” “Foal” and “donkey” are two Ketarim that the idol worshipping nations govern. They are from the left side, secular, and the Messiah King overcomes them.
589) The Messiah King will be called “poor” because he has nothing of his own, for he is the Nukva de ZA, and she is called “the Messiah King.” However, this is the holy moon above, Nukva de ZA, who has no light of her own, except what she receives from the sun, ZA. This is why she is considered poor.
590) The Messiah King, the Nukva, will reign in His dominion, will unite in His place above. And then, as it is written, “Your king shall come to you,” precisely “King,” since he contains the Nukva above and the Messiah King below.
If below, he is poor, the moon, the upper Nukva, since it is discerned as the moon, which is the upper Nukva, since the Messiah King below extends from the Nukva and is therefore called, “poor,” like her. And if above, which is the Nukva herself, she is poor, since she is a mirror that does not shine by itself, but from ZA. For this reason, she is called, “bread of affliction.” Yet, the Messiah is riding on a donkey and a foal, the stronghold of the idol worshipping nations, to subdue them under him. And the Creator, the Nukva, will strengthen in His place above, for the words, “Your king shall come to you” contain them both.
591) “He washed his garments in wine, and his robes in the blood of grapes.” “Who is this who comes from Edom, with garments of glowing colors from Bozrah?” It is written, “I have trodden the wine trough alone.” Washing in wine is the side of Gevura de ZA, the harsh Din, since it is over the idol worshipping nations. “His robes in the blood of grapes” is the lower tree, Nukva, a courthouse, which is called “grapes.” The wine is given in the blood of grapes, to clothe in both of them, in the harsh Din of ZA and in the Din of Nukva, to break all the idol worshipping nations and kings in the world under him.
The illumination of the left is called “wine.” If he extends in the measure of holiness, meaning only from below upwards, it is wine that delights God and people. If he extends more than a measure, it is from above downwards, too. Then it becomes an intoxicating wine and harsh Din appears in it, which consumes and destroys those who extend it. There are two discernments in it: from the left side of ZA, it is harsh Din, and from the left side of Nukva, it is soft Din.
When the righteous see the harsh Din from the side of ZA and from the side of the Nukva, which is done in the wicked who extend it as intoxicating wine, they strengthen in their work. This is regarded as washing their clothes and cleaning them from any hint of sin. The words, “He washed his garments in wine” mean that he washes his clothes through the harsh Din, which is done in the idol worshipping nations.
This wine is the side of Gevura de ZA, a harsh Din, since it is male. “And his robes in the blood of grapes” is the lower tree, the Nukva, a courthouse that is called “grapes,” the left side of Nukva, which is a soft Din. The wine of ZA is given in the blood of grapes of the Nukva so their two kinds of Dinim will join. At that time, all the idol worshipping nations and the kings of the world that extend this intoxicating wine break.
592) How obtuse are people, who do not know and do not notice the glory of their Master? They do not consider words of Torah and do not know their ways, by which they are caught, as it is written, “The way of the wicked is like darkness; they do not know over what they stumble.”
593) Initially, there was prophecy among men. They knew and beheld to know the glory of the upper one. When prophecy had ceased in them, they used an echo. Now prophecy, as well as the echo, has stopped and people use only dreams.
594) The dream—the lowest degree—is on the outside, since the dream is one part out of sixty of prophecy, for it comes from the sixth degree below. This is so because it comes from Hod de Nukva, the sixth degree to NH de ZA, from which prophecy arrives. The dream is seen to all because the dream is from the left side, from Hod de Nukva, and descends many degrees through Angel Gabriel, from whom the dream is received. Also, the dream is seen even by wicked and even by idol worshippers.
595) Sometimes, these kinds of evil angels receive the dream and hear and notify people. Some of them mock people and give them false knowledge, and sometimes words of truth that they hear. And sometimes, they are emissaries of the wicked and inform them of high matters.
596) It is written, “And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, ‘In my dream, behold, a vine was before me; and in the vine were three branches.’” This wicked one saw a true dream, for it is written, “And in the vine were three branches.” A vine is the assembly of Israel, the Nukva, as it is written, “Look from heaven and see, and visit this vine.” “From heaven,” since she was thrown from that place, as it is written, “He has cast the earth from heaven.” “And visit this vine.” Vine, “this,” is the Nukva. This is why he says “vine,” the name of the Nukva, like “This.”
597) “And in the vine were three branches, and as it was budding, its blossoms shot forth.” “Three branches” are as it is written, “Three flocks of sheep were lying there beside it,” three lines. “And she blossoms,” as it is written, “And Solomon’s wisdom excelled,” meaning that the moon, Nukva, illuminated.
“It was budding” refers to Jerusalem below, the Nukva. “It was budding” means above, the same degree that stands on the Nukva and nurses it, Yesod, as it is written, “Whose seed is on the earth,” meaning Yesod, which gives to the Nukva, earth.
“Its clusters produced ripe grapes,” to keep the kept wine in them, so no Klipa in the world would have a grip on it.
598) How much did this wicked one see? It is written, “And Pharaoh’s cup was in my hand; and I took the grapes and squeezed them into Pharaoh’s cup.” Here he saw the cup of poison, the suction of the courthouse that was coming out of those grapes, which were given to Pharaoh, and he drank them, as it was in Israel’s exodus from Egypt. When Joseph heard it, he rejoiced and knew the word of truth in this dream. This is why he resolved the dream for him favorably, since by that, he announced Joseph.
599) “He ties his foal to the vine,” since all the mighty ones of the idol worshipping nations surrendered under this vine, for by the power of this vine, the Nukva, their power was tied and yielded.
600) There is a vine and there is a vine. There is a high and holy vine, the Nukva, and there is the vine of Sodom, an evil Klipa [shell]. And there is also a foreign vine, the daughter of a strange god. This is why it writes, “This vine,” implying that it is the Nukva, who is called “This,” the one who is called, “Entirely a seed of truth,” as it is written, “Yet I planted you a choice vine, entirely a seed of truth.” The choice vine are Israel, who come out of this vine. When Israel sinned and left this vine, it is written, “For their vine is of the vine of Sodom.”
601) It is written, “She is not afraid of the snow for her household, for all her household are clothed with scarlet.” The sentence of the wicked in Hell is twelve months—half in the heat of a blazing fire, and half in snow.
602) When they walk into the fire they say, “This must be Hell.” When they walk into the snow they say, “This is the great chill of the Creator’s winter.” In the beginning, they say, “Hurray,” since they are glad that they were rid of the Hell. But later, when they realize that it is a Hell of snow, they say, “Woe.”
David said, “He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock.” From the place where “Hurray” is said first, and “Woe” next, the “miry” has the letters Vav–Hey Vav–Yod [in Hebrew]. Vav–Hey mean “Hurray” and Vav–Yod mean “Woe.”
603) When their souls are complemented in the Hell of snow, as it is written, “When the Almighty scattered the kings there, it was snowing in Zalmon,” they can think that Israel, too, are sentenced in snow. It is written about that, “She is not afraid of the snow for her household,” since “all her household are clothed with scarlet.” Do not call it “scarlet” with a Shin with Kamatz [Heb: Shanim], but Shnaim [two], with a Shin with a Shva, an open Nun, and a Yod with Hirik. In other words, circumcision and exposing, Tzitzit and Tefillin, Mezuzah and a Hanukah candle.
Thus, the quick to perform the Mitzvot [commandments] have twofold Mitzvot, since in the circumcision, they have circumcision and exposing; in the prayer, they have Tzitzit and Tefillin; and in their doorposts, they have the Mitzvot of Mezuzah and a Hanukah candle. For this reason, they do not fear the Hell of snow, which comes for laziness and idleness in the Mitzvot.
604) “She is not afraid of the snow for her household” is the assembly of Israel. “All her household are clothed with scarlet” is a clothing of harsh Din, to avenge the idol worshipping nations. The Creator is destined to wear a red garment and a red sword and to avenge Edom [red], Esau. The red garment is as it is written, “Garments of glowing colors.” A red sword is as is written, “The sword of the Lord is filled with blood.” To avenge Edom is as is written, “For the Lord has a sacrifice in Bozrah.” We should also interpret, “For all her household are clothed with scarlet,” since the Nukva comes from a harsh Din, hence she does not fear snow, since snow is male Dinim, and Dinim de Nukva are opposite from the male Dinim and cancel it out.
605) “All her household are clothed with scarlet.” Scarlet are early years, the seven Sefirot HGT NHYM, since she comprises all of them and sucks from all the sides, as it is written, “All the rivers go to the sea.” This is why she does not fear the Dinim, which are snow.
606) While they were walking, they met a child who was walking to Kaputkia behind a donkey, and an old man was riding it. The old man said to the child, “Son, tell me your verses.” The child told him, “I have many verses, not one, but either you come down or I will ride with you before you and will tell you.” The old man replied, “I am old and you are a child; I do not wish to equal myself to you.” The child told him, “Then why did you ask me for verses?” He told him, “So we would walk together on the way.” The child said, “Damned be that old man, who is riding and knows nothing, and says that he does not wish to equalize with me.” He parted from that old man and walked on his way.
607) The child approached them. They asked him and he told them the story. “You did well. Walk with us and we will sit here and hear a word from you.” He told them, “I am tired for I have not eaten today.” They took out bread and gave to him. A miracle happened to them and they found a little stream under a tree. He drank from them; they drank and sat.
(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / VAYECHI – click)