(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / PINCHAS – click)
167) Woe to people who are coldhearted and blind, who do not know that when the night comes, the gates of Hell, called “bitter,” open. Its smokes spread and rise up to the brain, and several forces of the evil inclination spread through all the organs of the body. And the gates of the Garden of Eden, the eyes of the heart, are blocked and do not open, for all the lights in the eyes emerge from the heart.
168) The gates of the heart are the eyes. They are blocked so they would not look at those harm-doers, Lilit, and they do not govern the lights of the heart, the angels, who spread through all the organs as branches of a tree, to all directions. At that time all the lights are concealed in the heart and gather to it as pigeons in their cotes, as Noah and his wife, and every species that entered with him into the ark.
169) The harm-doers prevail over all the organs of the body like the water of the flood, which prevailed over them fifteen cubits because he sinned with Yod–Hey, the Yod–Hey departed from the body, meaning that Yod–Hey departed from Elokim, leaving Aleph–Lamed–Yod [Ilem (mute)], without sight, hearing, smell, or speech. It is written about it, “I was dumbed with silence.” Dumiah [silence] has the letters of Dom [silence] Yod–Hey. That is, as the time of the flood, fifteen cubits, the harm-doers prevailed over the body and surrounded the body like a mound that surrounds the digging and the bed.
The bitter in the body is Hell and the evil inclination. The heart in the body is the Garden of Eden of Kedusha. When night falls, the gates of Hell, called “bitter,” open. Smokes billow from the bitter—the forces of the Din—into the brain. For this reason, the Mochin depart and the man sleeps. Its spreading smokes, which are as the smoke of Hell, rise up to the brain, and the Mochin depart. At that time the gates of the Garden of Eden, the eyes, become blocked.
The eyes are called “gates of the heart,” since all the lights in the eyes emerge from the heart. The heart is the Garden of Eden, and the lights in it are the spreading angels, the name Elokim, toward all the organs of the body, and govern them. But at night they do not govern the lights of the heart, the angels who spread through all the organs as branches of a tree to all sides. For this reason, at night, all the lights that spread into the body regroup into their roots, to the heart, the Garden of Eden. It is similar to Noah’s Ark, who during the intensification of the Dinim, the water of the flood, they all gathered into the ark.
It is written about the flood, “Fifteen cubits from above did the waters prevail.” This implies the name Yod–Hey in the letters Elokim. The water prevailed are the Klipot that prevailed to repel the name Yod–Hey from the world. Here, too, the forces of the Klipot prevail and repel the name Yod–Hey from Elokim, from the lights of the heart, which are Elokim, which spread to the organs of the body.
And because he sinned with Yod–Hey and Yod–Hey departed from the body, meaning that the letters Yod–Hey departed from Elokim, which spreads in the body, he remained Aleph–Lamed–Mem [mute]. Of the five letters of Elokim, only the three letters Aleph–Lamed–Mem remained, indicating that the body is without sight, hearing, smell, and speech, as it is written, “I was dumbed with silence,” with the letters of Dom [silence] Yod–Hey, leaving mute from Elokim. This is why I was dumbed.
170) As Noah sent the dove on its mission, man’s soul sends his spirit on her mission. For this reason, one must commit one’s spirit in Malchut, as it is written, “In Your hand I commit my spirit.” If he is taken captive by the forces of the evil inclination for the iniquities of the body, it is written, “In Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me O Lord, God of truth,” meaning that the Creator redeems him from their hand.
171) When the soul is at fault, it is written of his spirit, “A hand to hand will not clean evil.” That is, he goes from hand to hand in the camps of the evil inclination that are on him for his iniquities, and they throw him from place to place. And a man sees in his dream that he is in another country, or in another kingdom, or in the trash, all according to his iniquities.
If he is righteous, all the camps of the good inclination, it is written about them, “And their faces and wings are parted,” to receive his spirit. They raise him up to the place of the animals that carry the throne, Malchut, where he sees several visions, imaginations, and sights of the prophecy. For this reason, the sages explained that the dream is one of sixty of prophecy.
172) “Preserve my soul for I am a Hassid.” The sages explained, “An uneducated is not a Hassid,” since the Torah was given from the right of the Creator, Hesed. For this reason, one who engages in Torah is called a “Hassid,” and this is why I say to the Creator, “Preserve my soul” and do not sentence her as for the works of those uneducated ones of whom it was said, “An uneducated is not a Hassid.”
Several uneducated ones perform Hesed. But they explained that a Hassid is one who performs Hesed with his Maker, such as David, who connected the Torah of above, ZA, with the Creator, Malchut. This is called “performing Hesed with one’s Maker,” uniting the Creator and His Shechina. And for this reason, “Preserve my soul for I am a Hassid.”
(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / PINCHAS – click)