(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / BEHUKOTAI – click)
1) “My people, remember now what Balak king of Moab counseled and what Balaam son of Beor answered him.” Happy is this people whose Master rebukes them so. Even though you have strayed off the path you are My people, and I do not wish to repay you according to your deeds.
2) Happy is the nation whose Master tells them, “My people, what have I done to you, and how have I wearied you? Answer Me.” What did Balak king of Moab counsel? He considered obliterating you from the world by several words and deeds, and he has awakened against you several spells.
3) The Creator said to Israel, “Remember now.” Woe, for we cry everyday. We weep and we cry, “Remember, O Lord, what has befallen us,” “Remember, O Lord, against the children of Edom,” yet He does not wish to watch over us. This is because He requested of us, “Remember now,” as a request, and we did not watch over Him. This is why we cry, “Remember, O Lord, what has befallen us,” “Remember, O Lord, against the children of Edom,” “Remember Your congregation, which You have purchased of old,” “Remember me, O Lord, when You favor Your people.” Yet, He does not wish to watch over us.
4) Certainly, the Creator always watches over us and remembers us. And if He did not watch over Israel and remember us, they would not endure in exile even one day, as it is written, “And yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies,” since the Creator does not do with us as we do.
5) Balak was wise. In his deeds he was the greatest of the wizards, greater than Balaam. I learned that everything that one wishes for in this world in the work of the Creator, he should awaken with an act below. This is so because with the act below, the act above is awakened. And the act below should be in holiness. And where there is no act, there is speech, and the awakening of the act above depends on the words of the mouth. As we need to evoke the higher holiness with deeds and words, those who come from the side of impurity should awaken their side with deeds and with words.
6) And although Balaam was the greatest of all the wizards in the world, Balak was a greater wizard than him, since in magic, Balak was greater than the sages. And Balaam was great with the serpent. Magic and serpent are two degrees. Magic depends on action, and serpent does not depend on action but on observation and the words of the mouth. And then the spirit of impurity awakens upon them, to clothe in them, and it does what it does.
7) Israel are all holy, and all their actions are to evoke upon them the spirit of holiness upon themselves, as it is written, “Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high.” This is why it is written, “For there is no enchantment with Jacob, neither is there any divination with Israel,” since Israel grip onto the side of the high sanctity, their deeds come in holiness, and holiness awakens upon them and they clothe in it.
8) Balak was greater than all the sages in magic, and Balaam with the serpent. Hence, when Balak wished to bond with him, it is written “And the elders of Moab and the elders of Midian departed with the rewards of divination in their hand.” In words of the mouth, Balaam was greater than all the wizards in the world. By the look of that serpent, he knew how to set the hour and curse. And for this reason, his curses came true. For this reason, Balak wished to complement it with a spell and a serpent. This is why he bonded with him.
9) The Creator told him, “Wicked, but My sons preceded you!” There is an act among them that all the evil sides and evil kinds, and all the spells in the world cannot draw near them; they all run from him. This is the tent of meeting, and the holy vessels, and the instruments of the Temple, and the incense that revokes any anger and irritation in the world from above and from below, and offerings and sacrifices every day, and two altars to do the work of sacrificing, and a table, and the showbread, and the laver and its base. And several tools for action, for the words of the mouth, which are the ark and the two tables of the Torah, and Aaron who atones for the whole nation everyday with prayer. Since that wicked looked at it, he said, “For there is no enchantment with Jacob, neither is there any divination with Israel,” since “The Lord his God is with him, and the shouting for the King is among them.”
10) This is why the Creator said, “My people, remember now,” please remember that time when Balak and Balaam conjoined in order to destroy them, and they failed because I was holding you like a father holding his son without leaving him in the hands of another. Please remember that as long as you held on to Me, that wicked one could not rule over you with his spell and magic. Since you let go of holding Me and you were in Shittim, it is written, ‘And the people ate, and bowed down to their gods.’ And then your enemies governed you.” And what is all that for? ‘That ye may know the righteous acts of the Lord,’ so that all the just deeds I had done to you while you were holding Me, and that I never allowed anything in the world to govern you, and the anger above and below, and the evil kinds could not draw near you.
(înapoi la pagina ZOHAR CUPRINS / BEHUKOTAI – click)